Monday 7 November 2011

How to write a diamante poem

Hi Year 4,
Phoebe-Rose requested some links to diamante poems. I have added 2 links.
I thought you might like a reminder of how to write them.


Line 1: one word noun (opposite to line 7)
Line 2: two adjectives to describe line 1
Line 3: three verbs (doing words) to describe line 1
Line 4: two nouns about line 1 and two nouns about line 7
Line 5: three verbs to describe line 7
Line 6: two adjectives to describe line 7
Line 7: one word noun (opposite to line 1)


Good luck!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs V
    i have been on Story Bird ALL afternoon! I have writen nearly a hole story, TODAY!
    Tomorrow in computers can we do story bird?

    From Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Georgia!
    Ok, we can do storybird tomorrow seeing as you are enjoying it so much. I'm glad you are writing stories at home. Your story writing skills will really improve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ms Vawdrey,
    I've been writing limericks tonight, I hope you enjoy them when I hand my homework in!
    Phoebe-Rose :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ms Vawdrey,
    I have come up with a limerick. I hope you like it.

    There once was a boy called Fred
    he felt like a big block of lead
    he went for a swim
    he sank like a swing
    and that was the end of poor Fred

    Isabella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever Isabella! I'm glad you are writing limericks at home.

    ReplyDelete